Are you caring for a child from a hard place who would like to attend camp? Here is our 2018 Camper Application.
Please note that the Royal Family KIDS Camp is free for eligible children, ages 6 to 11 at camp time. All of our volunteers receive extensive training in working with children from hard places, including abuse and neglect. The 2018 camp dates are July 9th to July 13th. This is a sleepover camp, and all children are paired with a Big Camper (counselor) who oversees no more than two children. No child is ever in the care of fewer than two trained adult volunteers. An application must be completed in full before the child can be placed on our roster or waiting list.
Entrance into camp is prioritized based on whether the child is a returning camper (top priority). After camp slots have been filled with returnees, new slots are available to children currently in the foster care system. We do open slots to children who have been adopted from the foster care system, but only after slots have been filled with returnees and new children still in care. Once a child has attended camp in one season, he/she always has returnee status even if adopted or returned to biological family.
How to apply for a camper to attend:
- Complete this online application.
- Download and print this packet, which contains additional application pages requiring signatures and a letter you can give to your pediatrician about the camp. Submit the packet to the indicated address as soon as it’s complete.
- Send an up-to-date immunization record for the camper to the same address as the other documents.
Camp placement priorities and deadlines:
- Campers who have attended our camp in the past and are still age 11 or younger at camp time have top priority (even if they have been adopted or have returned to their biological families). In order to guarantee a returnee priority placement, all application materials must be submitted by May 1, 2018.
- New applicants who are in the foster care system have second priority. To maintain this priority placement, all application materials must be submitted by June 1, 2018.
- Applicants who have a history of being in foster care but are now adopted or back home with biological family members have third priority.
We will continue to accept applications for campers until all slots are filled; however, priority slots will only be held until the indicated deadlines.
If you have any questions, please contact David Ansardi, Child Placement Coordinator, at 205-913-2594 or email@example.com.